Monday, February 26, 2007

0702262000 Less than five months.

We had a family home evening about the kids grand parents on their mum's side. The man is a legend. He was knighted, he was in charge of the Queensland butter marketing board and he loved his homeland.

Preparations for Hong Kong. I had to make two copies of my birth certificate for the visa application. Sounds easy enough but I was not in the office today, the usual source of free photocopying, so I went to a newsagent. Mistakes at the newsagent copier can be costly.

Another part of the preparation for the move to Hong Kong is to sell everything in the house. I cleaned up the kitchen and found a few things that can go now. Excess crockery. It would not be practical to advertise every plate on eBay so I thought a dinner set might sell easier. So with some odd plates and cutlery I made up an "eclectic" dinnerware set comprising of six places with cutlery featuring a unique theme for each person.


  • 1920

  • France

  • Minimal

  • Fine lines

  • Blue curves

  • The Junior Space Ranger

I will put an add on eBay for the lot with photos.


Learning Cantonese has been a challenge so far - the few words I learned on Friday have finally sunk in and I can remember them - I can't spell them because it will take away their true meaning if I see them in English or "Lin Mun" - we just dont have the letters. A lot of the sounds end abruptly, for example, the sound of a "k" is made but not fininshed - there is no "aaay" at the end. Apparently the tone is very important - the same sounds are made to say "I don't understand" and "I don't eat". Same words, different tone.


The pirated language course from eBay - The seller has been asking for it back so he can give me a refund. I don't have the time or energy to return it. He left me negative feedback so now my eBay rating is -1. I may be cast out of the eBay community! Oh the shame. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment