Sunday, March 25, 2007

0703250800 Saturday – the day of work.

I had to match the color before I could paint the hallway. The hardware store can mix a can of paint in any color - the only problem is that I needed a sample. A sample of a clean bit. This means taking a piece of the wall to the hardware store. It needs to be the size of a 50c coin, although a 5c coin will do. If I have to remove a piece of the wall, I might as well take a bit that is convenient for me, so I chose a comfortable height in a well lit and ventilated area and cut out a neat rectangle. This sample was carefully put into a clean and sturdy cardboard envelope and packed into a sterile zip lock bag. This matchbox sized piece of paint was treated like evidence in a murder investigation.
The process at the hardware store is a standard issue application of computer wizardry. Amazing. They scan the color sample and the machine mixes the paint. Viola! – it is done.
The color matched so well that I can use the paint on small sections, with out having to paint the entire wall and the wall that joins on the that wall and the bit that joins that wall and so on until you find that have to paint the entire inside of the house including door and window frames. Then the outside, the fence and the driveway.

The house is nearly ready for sale – nearly. My dear wife, who is, as a matter of fact and not my biased personal opinion, a world class teacher, says that we will put the house for sale after Easter. That should give us about three months to find a buyer and grind as much money as we can from them. Negotiations will be simple – pay the advertised price.
We have found a place for our eldest son to stay in Australia while he finished his year 12. A great family from church that also have a son the same age. He will have his own car and an expense account. What a life. He had better do well in his final year.

No comments:

Post a Comment